Cannot Log into Joomla 3.x Administrator Back End - Administrator Login Keeps Refreshing.

Today I encountered a rather frustrating incident with a Joomla 3.6.5 installation I was migrating.

After successfully moving files and importing the database and configuring the site (configuration.php), I could not login to the Administrator which kept refreshing. All searches pointed to cache files, session tables and .htaccess file as well as checking configuration parameters.

I didn't however find any mention of cookie path and cookie domain

public $cookie_domain = '';
public $cookie_path = '';

It happened that I had modified them on my local server and these modifications were preventing the administrator logging in when I migrated the website.

What made the difference was to clear whatever I had put in the $cookie_path and $cookie_domain in configuration.php and resaving the file.

In configuration.php

Change public $cookie_domain = 'xxxxxxxxx'; to public $cookie_domain = '';
Change public $cookie_path = 'xxxxx'; to public $cookie_path = '';

Let me know how it works out for you in the comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple VoiceMeeter Configuration Guide For Windows 11

How to Fix MySQL Not Starting in XAMPP: A Step-by-Step Guide

Dusk To Dawn Photocell Wiring Guide - Automating Your Outdoor Light